Friday, September 12, 2008

A Prayer of Freedom for the Adventist Heart


Father in Heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus, who has purchased my salvation on the cross by becoming a curse for me and fulfilling the law on my behalf. I acknowledge that you are present and that you will hear and answer this prayer. I stand in the truth that all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to the resurrected Christ. I ask You to fill me with Your Holy Spirit and lead me into all truth. I pray for Your complete protection over my life and the lives of my family members.

As a child of God seated with Christ in heavenly places, and in the name and authority of the Lord Jesus Christ, I command Satan and all evil spirits to release me in order that I can be free to know and choose to do the will of God. I refuse to be intimidated by Satan’s lies whether they have been passed down to me thru my heritage or I have chosen to believe them myself.

Lord, I ask You to guard my heart and renew my mind, clearly revealing to me any and all involvement I have had either knowingly or unknowingly with cultic or occult practices or beliefs, false religions, false doctrines and false teachers. Then give me the courage to confess them and renounce any ongoing affiliation or assent to their power over me.

Lord, I confess that I have been guilty of idolatry with respect to the Sabbath and have lifted it above Jesus. I confess my sin of pride, with respect to the Sabbath, in that I have considered myself to be more highly esteemed by God than other members of the body of Christ by revering it. I confess that I have not pursued a knowledge of the truth with respect to the Sabbath and have been stiff-necked in responding to the Holy Spirit’s attempts to reveal those truths to my heart. I take responsibility for accepting what others have taught me regarding the Sabbath, instead of coming to the Spirit of Truth for myself. I repent of these sins and ask for Your forgiveness. Pause and go over these words and let the Holy Spirit show you your own involvement.

I repent of any words I have spoken that have brought harm or deception to others because of my false understanding of the Sabbath. I repent of my participation in the sins of my church in any and all harmful statements, attitudes and policies against other believers and ask that you would repair the damage I have inflicted on them whether knowingly or unknowingly. I renounce the assertion that those who meet on the Lord’s Day, Sunday, are Babylon. I repent of my duplicity in asserting that those who do not keep the Sabbath will receive the mark of the beast. I ask Your forgiveness for my own culpability in condemning other believers - whether they are Catholic, Orthodox or Protestant - for not believing Adventist doctrines. Take a moment here to repent of things that you have been convicted about in the course of this study on the Sabbath.

I know that You desire truth in the inner being and that squarely acknowledging and facing this truth is the way to liberation from false doctrines. I acknowledge that the father of lies has deceived me and that I have participated in allowing the deception. I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that You will rebuke all deceiving spirits by virtue of the blood of Christ. I command all deceiving spirits to depart from me whether I perceive your lies or not and I ask You, Holy Spirit, to come and fill those vacated places with truth. Holy Spirit, search me and cleanse me of any lurking religious spirits that have laid claim to my life. I give You full permission to continue to expose other falsehoods that I have incorporated into my belief system that are still unrecognized by me. And with the revelation, bring conviction, repentance and truth.

I renounce all known and unknown sins that I have committed against You by trusting in Sabbath-keeping as a substitute for the death of Christ in my place. I declare that Jesus has become my “Sabbatismos,” my rest from keeping the law for salvation. I declare that for me, Jesus has become “the end of the law” toward righteousness. I confess that I am a sinner and that no amount of law keeping can pay my debt of sin. I believe that Jesus Christ has died for my sins and I receive Him as my Savior and the Lord of my life. I receive the joyous truth of the New Covenant with the better promise that because of the death of Jesus You “will forgive my wickedness and remember my sins no more.” I surrender to the working of the Holy Spirit in my heart to fill me to overflowing with all the fullness of God, to lead me into all truth, to fill me with His gifts and fruit, and to write the “law of Christ” on my heart. This is what I now believe regarding the commandments of God in the New Covenant: “And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.” 1 John 3:23-24 (NIV)

By these declarations I am also attesting that I am now a full member of the body of Christ and not separate from Your Church. I embrace the body and commit myself to working together with other believers in furthering the kingdom of God. Now, Father, seal this work in me by the power of the name of Jesus. In faith I believe that You have loved me with an everlasting love and that nothing and no one can snatch me out of Your hand.

All praise and honor be to the name above all names, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Home Page Table of Contents for all studies can be accessed from the Home Page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Easily read and to understand.